Put Garbage and Recycling at the curb after 7pm the night before pickup or before 7am the day of pickup.
- Garbage Pick Up: Every TUESDAY
- Recycling Pick Up: 1st, 3rd, and 5th FRIDAY
Weight Limit. Garbage Bags can be a maximum of 50 pounds
- 30-gallon capacity — Full Sticker
- 13-gallon capacity — Half Sticker
Garbage Stickers are $5.00 and can be purchased at the Village Office, 124 Main Street, and at McNan’s Variety Store, 100 Main Street. Check hours of operations.
YOUR GARBAGE WILL NOT BE PICKED UP IF:
- It does not have a sticker
- A 30 gallon bag only has half a sticker
- It weights over 50 pounds
- It’s in a contractor/leaf bag
Plastic, glass and aluminum recyclables must be clean and in a plastic tote or laundry basket with drainage holes. Recycling this is not clean WILL NOT BE PICKED UP.
Cardboard must be broken down and bundled or placed inside 1 intact box. If it is not broken down it WILL NOT BE PICKED UP.
Wet Cardboard & Paper are treated as garbage and WILL NOT BE PICKED UP ON RECYCLING DAYS.
What happens to Philmont’s recycling? Philmont Recycling is picked up by Barbato Disposal (Carmen Barbato, Inc., Hillsdale, NY). Barbato delivers recycling to the Catskill transfer station, where it is picked up by a variety of recyclers.