Animal Control

Dog Control Officer
  • If you have a problem with a dog, or found a stray dog, please contact Dog Control Officer Kyle Miller by phone at (845) 407-1367 or by email at [email protected] or contact the Philmont Police Department at their non-emergency line: (518) 672-4000.
  • For those who live outside the Village, please contact the Columbia County Sheriff’s Department at their non-emergency line: (518) 828-0601.  They will be able to dispatch someone to assist you.
Dog Licensing

Please note: NYS law requires all dogs to be licensed with the state. If you need to license your dog or renew an existing license, contact the Town Secretary of Claverack at Claverack Town Hall on Church Street, below the Philmont Village line. Registration is $10.00 per year and proof of up-to-date rabies shots is required.

Rabies Vaccinations

Pet rabies vaccinations are available for free for Columbia County residents. Please visit the rabies clinic schedule at the Columbia County Department of Health to find out when you can have your dog, cat, or ferret immunized