Volunteer with the Philmont Community Center
The community center is always looking for new program ideas. If you have leadership experience and would like to volunteer to provide a program, please contact the director. Many organizations have led community activities here in the past, and we look forward to holding more activities in the future.
Contact the Community Center
Julie Veronezi, Director
PHONE: (518) 672-4849
Email: [email protected]
14 Lake View Drive
Julie Veronezi has been director of the community center for over ten years. Julie’s great great grandfather was George Philip, one of the founders of the Village of Philmont. Raised on her parents’ fruit farm in Claverack and a graduate of Ockawamick Central School, Julie received a BS and MS in Education from SUNY Plattsburgh and SUNY Albany, respectively. Her career has been dedicated to teaching high school at Taconic Hills Central School, where she continues to work as a substitute teacher. She has also taught child development and psychology at SUNY Cobleskill.
How to Book the Community Center
- Read the Facility Use Regulations.
- Fill out and submit the application for use of the facilities at least 7 days prior to the requested date of use to the Village Clerk by email at [email protected] or in person at 124 Main Street. Choose the appropriate application:
- The Village Clerk will send your application to the Community Center Director for approval.
- The Community Center Director will contact you regarding your application.
- If your application is approved, the Village Clerk will be notified and your payment will be received by the Village Clerk.
- Fees paid are non-refundable.
- Requests are on a first come, first served basis.